How can we create a community, in one hand unified and on the other keep the uniqueness of the individual or the distinction of the person? How can we work together, united in Christ, distinct in so many other ways? TWR is a ministry that has Partners and teams in 160 countries in the world, spreading the Gospel in more than 220 languages and dialects.
One of the answers came this morning in staff devotions of TWR European teams. Our Arab ministry leader shared his word of encouragement for today. Here are some of the highlights our dear Brother made:
Why do we need unity?
1. Unity makes us see the glory of God, power, beauty, abilities, His hand working in us, miracles, and also other things.
- If we are not united will not see his glory.
- The church cannot see God’s glory unless it is unified. Even if they pray hard.
2. Unity will make us enjoy the same kind of love God has for the son, same intensity same warmth. Love that heals, gives peace, mercy and forgiveness…
3. Unity makes us be effective witness. Glory, love in the church will attract people, power and love attracts.
Our ability to be different and yet unified, comes from the nature of God! And, a big surprise here to some is the Jesus is asking for the same kind of unity that exists between Him and the Father – for His church, for us. John 17:20-23:
I ask not only on behalf of these men, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their message, so that they may all be one. Just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. “I have given them the glory that you gave me, so that they may be one, just as we are one. I am in them, and you are in me. May they be completely one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you have loved them as you loved me.
The level of unity Jesus is asking for us is the same level between Him and the Father. Unity can only happen through love, giving and genuine sacrifice (end of quote).
Check www.arabicprograms.org. Some browsers already have inbuilt add-ons of translating the site in many other languages. Give it a try – read Arabic today.
How do you understand Christian unity?